I use can beans they are easy and economic;
1 potato cut in small cubes
2 spoons of "sofrito"
Sofrito is a blend of onions, garlic, cilantro, olive oil and green peppers
1 beef bullion
1tsp of salt
1tsp of cumin
1tsp of dry parsley
A small piece of smoked ham cut in small cubes
1 pack of "sason Knorr"
3 tbs of tomato paste
- Put a little of olive oil in the sauce pan and pored the potato, ham with the sofrito for a few minutes until the potato is golden.
- Add the beef bullion, cumin. parsley and salt
- Add 1 cup of water let it boil
- Rinse the beans and add to the mix
- Let it boil for at least five minutes
- Add the tomato paste and the sason knorr
- Let it cook for at least fifteen minutes in medium heat
Your beans should be thick and delicious ready to eat.